Wednesday, March 08, 2006

why did my parents have so many kids?

most of you may or may not know that i really don't get along with my brother Chris' girlfriend, Polly. We get along on the surface, underneath it i think she's worthless and a bad cook to boot. not to mention she doesnt even live here and she thinks she runs the place, if anything i run it...

okay, the other night she made dinner and like any other time she didn't clean up. dude, when she cooks you would never know that the stove is brand new. it's so gross. and even grosser is that she doesnt clean up after. and i think we all know how i feel about dirtiness?

so, monday morning i came downstairs and everything was exactly how is was during dinner. which really makes me sick to think things sat out overnight. anyways, i cleaned everything, filled the dishwasher and did the bigger dishes. it took me all of ten minutes -tops. my mom won't say anything because 1) she's tired of having to yell at a 34 year old about his 31 year old girlfriend. 2) i think she fell asleep in her chair. so i did, in the most passive aggressive way i know; i wrote a note and attached it to the hood above the stove. well Chris nor Polly were home monday or tuesday so he finally saw it today. you know what the bastard wrote? "You got a free meal didn't you?" i came downstairs from napping and found the note but they were gone.

still being passive aggressive i replied to his absurd note; "But if I clean up after you-it's not a free meal. Free means that you do nothing in return for said dinner -cuz it's FREE. If you want me to clean up after you then start paying me. Otherwise, it's not happening. And I guess you actually get the most free dinners around here. How ironic is that?"

7 Comments:

Blogger mace said...

Hee ... passive aggressive ... I love thee, my darlin gal.

3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to start leaving notes like this at work.

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Sara said...

carol, it totally works. at least it does in my household, work may be a different beast.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Dianna said...

see, my response would have been "No, i actually paid for that meal -- I paid by having the shots all night long because Polly is an awful cook"

hehehehehe!

8:39 PM

 
Blogger Dianna said...

yeah, so "shots" is really meant to be "shits"

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

she is an awful cook, here main dish is meatloaf which is made with a secret ingredient.

you wanna know what it is?

ketchup, fuckin' ketchup. how midwestern...

8:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right.

At work there is *A* different Beast.

Oh wait. That isnt what you said. But it is what I mean.

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home