Monday, March 06, 2006

G is for Grumpy...

have you ever working with someone that never pays back the favors you've done for them? i'm pretty sure that i work with someone like that. carol was having some personal problems a while back and to help her out (and my savings account) i took most of her friday nights; it's not like i have a life.

i tried to cash in on this last saturday and she shut me down -totally. in fact, if i wouldn't have asked to switch her friday night for my saturday night i wouldnt have known that she was "going out of town" for four days. she didnt even end up going out of town and knowing that we are short a manager, and that if i didnt step up to the plate, jan would of had to work two shifts open to close -no break. yeah, turns out that it might be necessary to start looking at my schedule rather than assuming i'm working my regular three shifts. not only was she not able to work saturday for me but i had to take her friday and monday shift. yes, i like money but it didnt sit with me well -at all. and because i love rejection so much i'm trying it again for this saturday. if she doesnt switch with me, i'm totally calling her out on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger valerie said...

at the school i worked at in japan we couldn't just "cover" for each other--we had to actually swap days to get it approved. anyway, i was pretty good about swapping with people--if they needed it and it wasn't during my japanese class, i'd do it. never know when you'll need the favor. then came time for my trip to hong kong and where was everyone? i got a lot of "uhm, no." i ended up turning in a form that said "hi, i'm swapping shifts with myself." people suck.

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home